Monday, March 26, 2012

Who I Am in 20 Facts

I promised a post about who I am.  Since then, I have been trying to decide how I will go about this post.  Believe it or not, that can be a very tricky job.

Do I want to tell you who I am as an artist?  As a normal human being?  Do I want to tell you my favorite dessert, or stick to my favorite lens?  While some of you may be fellow photographers who totally understand this obsession, others of you are just here for the photo viewing, moral support, and/or simply cruising by.  So what do I do?

Yes, I over think everything to this extent.

So today, I decided to start simple.
Here are 20 facts about who I am.  Ready?



1.  I am the youngest of three children.  My two older brothers, no matter how much we bash sibling heads, are two of my favorite people ever.

2.  I married my love 2 months after I graduated from High School.  This August we will be celebrating our 7 year anniversary.  And yes, I am still completely heads over heels for this nut of a man.

3.  I have two little boys.  One is almost 4, the other almost 2.  They are the light of my life.  And my final drive to complete insanity.  I couldn't live without them.

4.  I eat my Mac and Cheese with ketchup.  It tastes like spaghettios.

5.  I am a scifi nut.  Set me down to watch Stargate SG-1, Supernatural, Star Trek... and you have lost me for the next fifty-plus episodes.

6.  I one time threw and caught 50 juicy pear jelly beans into my mouth.  And kept them all there.  I was proud of the win, even the next day as the jelly beans made their second encore performance.

7.  I grew up on the stage.  Since I was 8 I have been obsessed with theatre, and have been in well over 25 plays.  Though it has been a few years since I last felt the limelight, I still adore the stage.

8.  Speaking of growing up, I was born and raised on a little island in the Puget Sound off of Washington state.  If you haven't heard of San Juan Island:  It is gorgeous, everyone knows your business, and it is impossible to not fall in love with.

9.  I took singing lessons pretty much all growing up.  I was a 1st soprano, and once happily hit the high E.

10.  Along with snapping photos, I am a self-published author.  I have been writing since I was 3, and always knew someday I would see my words in print.  If you want to know more about my work, click here.  (Hey, shameless promoting never hurt anyone...)

11.  I have a deep obsession with clicky pens.  At one point in high school, I carried around well over 30 in my backpack at all times.

12.  Chocolate.

13.  One of my biggest dreams is to someday ride a zebra.

14.  I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints (LDS... "mormon"...)  I truly do believe in my faith, and am proud of it.

15.  I can't swim.  Yup.  Can't.

16.  Though I do cherish serious, deep moments, I believe life is meant to be enjoyed and will never hesitate to crack a joke.  Even if it is a horrible joke.  That only I get.

17.  I am pretty much blind.  Take away my glasses and contacts, and you will have the most amazing complexion ever (including lack of nose and most of your eyes) from only three feet away.

18.  I can't drive stick.  And don't ask me to.  The answer is no.

19.  I more than adore Mt. Dew.  It is my drink of choice, and I am mighty sure that a good portion of my blood is made of the green goodness.

20.  Last year I fell down a flight of stairs while on a photo shoot.  The first thing out of my mouth after landing was "Is my camera okay?"  It was.  My knee wasn't.  But I survived, photos in tow.  I am dedicated.


There you go.  I am not sure how much of that you truly wanted to know, but I am here to share.  And share I will.  It has been a pleasure to talk about myself (though at about number 15 I really was struggling to think of anything worth mentioning...)  Feel free to tell me about who you are as well!

1 comment: