Monday, April 23, 2012

30 Day Photography Challenge: Day 23 | Sunflare


Sunflares can make a photo magical.  They add that mystical glow that makes you catch your breath and feel like for a moment, you truly were there.  I love sunflares.  I love the softness they add to the photograph.  The imperfect beauty.

I was excited for today.
Then I learned a lesson:

Don't put it off.

Yup.  That's what I did.  I took a few shots in the morning.  Nothing serious.  Then I decided I could just wait until my kiddos were in bed to get my awesome challenge winner.  Bad decision, right there.  I went out with my friend Heidi and we tried.  We even found the park that my husband and I went to on our honeymoon 7 years ago.  It was a special place, a beautiful night... and I just couldn't get a flare!

Go figure, right?  

While the sunset was amazing, the clouds were taking away the chance of any worthy sunflares.  That, or my mind just wasn't it in the game because I kept thinking of my husband, and my shots were sad because of that.  Either way, putting it off ended up making my day nothing like I thought it would be.

Luckily I did snap those few shots in the morning.  If I hadn't... I would have had nothing for today.

Take my advice: If you have a goal, never put it off.  You don't know if waiting that one extra hour might result in you losing the goal all together.


Even though these aren't flare shots, I wanted to share them.  They were taken at the park.  Seven years ago I was a newlywed at this same park, holding hands and laughing with my husband on our honeymoon.  I haven't been to that park since.  Going there made me smile.  And made me want to take him back there once again.



1 comment: