Friday, December 28, 2012

2012: The Photo Year

What a year 2012 has been!
I have had an amazing year, both in the photography world and in "normal" life as well.  My boys, even though they exhaust me, light up my life every day with the new things they are learning and who they are becoming.  My writing, though put slightly on the back burner, has still moved forward.  I have made friends, loved family, and laughed much.

As for photography: Oh my goodness.
2012 started out nice and slow.  I was still working on getting the hang of my lovely DSLR, not to mention still gathering the nerve to put myself "out there" as a photographer.  Then, in April, I decided to take part in a 30 Day Photography Challenge.  Remember that?

I sure do!  It was amazing.  I learned so much in those 30 days, and am still madly in love with the portfolio of photographs that came to be because of that challenge.  And what's more: It got your attention.  

In came the sessions.
More sessions than I had even imagined doing this year.
And I clicked away.

I also began a new, ever growing personal project titled Places That Mean Something To Me.

I am tired.  Staring at the computer monitor for hours, editing away, does a number on your eyes and bum.  My trigger finger is stronger than ever.  I think I can see the muscles flex.  But what's more: I am happy.  I have learned so much this year.  Grown, in my opinion, leaps and bounds.  Gathered an amazing clientele and was able to be a part of so many amazing moments.

The final count?
38 sessions

Breakdown:
Family/Sibling: 9
Baby/Child: 8
Senior: 1
Portrait: 6
Maternity: 1
Engagement: 6
Wedding: 3
Personal Projects: 2

Thank you so much to everyone who trusted their memories in my hands this year.  I would be no where without you. 

Photography is not just a skill.  It is not a casual talent or a thing to take granted.  Being a photographer is a life-style.  It is a means to remember each smile and tear and moment, even after the day is done.  I am so grateful to have this in my life.  It made 2012 a year to remember.   I cannot wait to see what 2013 holds in store for this photographer lady here.  

Now, just for fun:  Here are some choice photos from a large majority of 2012's sessions.  Enjoy!

30 Day Photography Challenge (view Facebook album)
Vince | Portrait (view Facebook album)
Britania | Portrait and Sibling (view Facebook album)
Makenzie | Portrait (view Facebook album)
Nora | Springtime (view Facebook album)
Melody | Something Pink (view Facebook album)
Sarah and George | Engagement (view Facebook album)
Kinley | NICU (view Facebook album)
Alyssa and Chris | Sibling (view Facebook Album)
Vince and Melody | Daddy-Daughter (view Facebook album)
Mason and Porter | Sibling (view Facebook album)
Nora | 4th of July (view Facebook album)
Elianna | Two Months (view Facebook album)
The Andersen-Thomas Family (view Facebook album)
George and Sarah | Wedding (view Facebook album)
Nan | Trash the Dress (view Facebook album)
Merritt Cousins (view Facebook album)
Jake and Relissa | Wedding {Candid} (view Facebook album)
Jeff and Brianna | Wedding (view Facebook album)
The Demarce Family (view Facebook album)
Nora | One Year Old (view Facebook album)
Alyssa | Senior (view Facebook album)
Caiden and Lyndsey | Sibling (view Facebook album)
Places That Mean Something To Me {Project} (view Facebook album)
Adam and Katie | Engagement (view Facebook album)
August and Mary | Engagement (view Facebook album)
Jason | Two Years Old (view Facebook album)
Grace and Lucas | Sibling (view Facebook album)
Joe and Samantha | Engagement (view Facebook album)
The Taylor Family (view Facebook album)
Michael and Rachel | Engagement (view Facebook album)
John and Ashley | Engagement (view Facebook album)
Taylor | Maternity (view Facebook album)

     HAPPY NEW YEAR!     



No comments:

Post a Comment