Tuesday, April 3, 2012

30 Day Photography Challenge: Day 3 | Clouds


I have to say: This was a hard one.

Sure, the sky is always there and there are always clouds floating by.  Especially in April.  But today the weather decided to give me a very overcast day.  As in the entire sky was one huge, gray, icky cloud.  Needless to say, I was disappointed.  Yesterday was gorgeous.  Why couldn't yesterday have been cloud day?

Not to mention I have never been that into take photos... of clouds... Unless I am at the beach with a gorgeous sunset lighting them up.  Oh yes.

Well, I set my camera up on the tripod, checked the window much too often, and when I finally saw that break in the clouds I ran outside to fight for my shot.  Thank goodness my youngest was napping and my oldest (the birthday boy!) was more than happy to look at clouds with mommy.

The shot I chose isn't nearly as sharp as I would have liked.  But I love the overall movement of it.  The clouds were just melting in the sky, giving me a glimpse of blue before the massive gray single-cloud took back over once again.  This shot shows that melting movement.

How did I get this shot?  A mix of a good high f-stop in my attempt to capture any detail I could, and my trusty tripod.  Man, am I happy I got this tripod!  It is sure getting its use!

Here are two other shots I enjoyed.


1 comment: